Welcome to Vineville UMC’s Children’s Ministry!
At Vineville, we seek to provide a fun and welcoming world where children will learn about God and their faith through Bible study, singing, activities and more!
Kindergarten through 5th graders can worship at His Kids Children’s Church during the 9:00am and 11:00am services on 3W. Children will be dismissed after the children’s message and can be picked up at the conclusion of the worship service. Children will only released from His Kids to a parent/guardian.
Preschoolers ages 2K to 4K should be checked in at the VUMC Children’s desk in the CLC lobby and can be dropped off on the Preschool Hall during the worship hours. There they will be cared for by loving, paid staff workers where they will enjoy playtime and seasonal crafts and music.
Our Nursery is for infants and toddlers through age 2. Loving nursery staff workers and volunteers care for our tiniest blessings who are separated into two rooms, one for infants and one for crawlers and walkers. Nursery aged children must be checked in at the VUMC Children’s desk in the CLC lobby. Please see our Nursery Initiatives below.
Sunday School begins at 10:00am. Preschoolers ages 2K through 5K will enjoy their lesson on the Preschool Hall while 1st through 5th graders learn on 3W. We have a wonderful team of volunteers who teach our children each week. VUMC uses the Deep Blue Kids curriculum.
Club 345 is group for our 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. Club 345 members participate in Bible study and quarterly events, such as trips, activities around Macon and service days.
VUMC Nursery Initiatives
At Vineville, we strive to provide a safe and loving environment for our young children so that families can continue to grow in their faith. We have recently strengthened our nursery initiatives in the following ways to best serve our children and families:
- A central check-in station, located in the CLC lobby, where parents check in their children (ages infant through preschool age) with our program.
iPads for the check-in station, as well as iPads in the nursery and preschool halls to be used to contact parents during the service or Sunday School hour, if necessary.
- Printed labels with the child’s name—one to go on the child and one to go on the child’s diaper bag if they are in the nursery.
- A room dedicated to nursing mothers to make it easier for mothers with young babies to attend church and not have to work around a feeding schedule.
- The nursery divided into two rooms—one for non-mobile infants and one for mobile infants/toddlers.
- A new curriculum for 18-24 month-old children that aligns with the curriculum they will begin when they transition to the preschool hall.
- Published childcare standards for the nursery staff.
- A church volunteer will be in each nursery room along with the nursery worker to warmly greet families and help with the babies.
We would love to utilize your talents and heart for children to grow our nursery ministry through two helping with the check-in station or volunteering in a nursery room.
To Sign Up:
For more information or to volunteer with these initiatives, please complete our Vineville Nursery Volunteer Interest Form.